After extensive research in last couple of months our ReAction has been markedly improved, so in order to distinguish it from the original design we have changed both name and logo of the wing to a Reaction TST".
ReAction TST features our Tip Steering Toggles system, designed to facilitate high speed flying.
The risers have been modified too - proven scheme of split A's was introduced, so that smooth inflation can be obtained much easier. Previous (standard) arrangement sometimes caused the wingtips to shoot up earlier than centre on careless spreading the wing before launch. Now the margin for pilot error has been considerably widened.
ReAction is an technically improved and graphically renewed version of Action. It is based on the same proven reflex-wing concept. It features a self-stabilising wing section that, in the case of a decrease in its angle of attack, automatically responds to compensate. In other words it always stays neutral with regard to its load, so it's tuck-resistant. And as you well know, the funny thing is that the faster you fly, the more comfort you have :)
Over three years of Action manufacture, and after thorough design review and careful analysis of pilots' input, the time has finally come to apply all our new ideas to improve this successful wing.
All the modifications that have been introduced have been thought through and tested in practice, so we are pretty confident they are all positive improvements.
In comparison to its predecessor, the ReAction is a bit faster, inflates easier and features a number of changes that improve wing durability and ease of use. Besides our 'basic' ReAction we have prepared a 'S' version too, equipped with non-sheathed lines in the upper rigging.
Most significant changes are:
- smoother trailing edge and overall better profile projection
- risers have new trimmer buckles and exchangeable trimmer tapes
- risers now have two suspension points to choose from (low and high, depending on pilot's harness/engine setup)
- the magnetic clips of the brake handles have been improved
- internal ribs and suspension points have been strengthened, making the wing even more durable
- the suspension line layout has been modified at the central part of the trailing edge (this change makes the inflation considerably easier, so novice pilots should have fewer problems)
- in the 'S' version all upper gallery lines are made of non-sheathed Dyneema (overall drag reduction)
- new set of colour schemes for the wing
The ReAction 'S' is the official wing of the Polish PPG Team.
ReAction has passed the AFNOR Performance certificate.
The 'S' version has passed additional strength tests due to the different kind of lines.
The smallest and biggest ReAction sizes passed the EN
/AFNOR tests, where both qualified as Performance class. The 27 and 29 sizes obtained a double qualification (Standard/Performance).
On ReActions 25 and 31 the test pilots managed to induce the frontstall with fully closed trims, something very hard to do in normal state of flight and practically impossible to happen on its own. The forced frontstall that occured was much deeper than in normal aerofoil wings, and because of that it opened longer than three seconds. That was the only reason for the Performance rating - in all other manoeuvres our ReAction conformed with the Standard class.
In open trims configuration Performance rating was caused by the B-stall